Image by Marybeth Mitcham
Image by Marybeth Mitcham
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls are a holiday breakfast staple
in my home. Don’t let the number of steps in this recipe keep you from trying
it – this is actually quite easy to make. Although I usually use traditional,
animal-based ingredients when I make them for my family, I have also
successfully made these cinnamon rolls using only vegan ingredients – and my
family never knew the difference (shhhh!).
– 4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
package active dry yeast (OR 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast)
cup milk (OR 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk)
cup butter (OR 1/3 cup vegan butter)
eggs (OR 2 flax eggs)
tablespoons butter, melted (OR 3 tablespoons melted vegan butter)
teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl combine
2 cups of the flour and yeast; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat and
stir milk, the 1/3 cup sugar, the 1/3 cup butter, and salt just until warm
(120 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit) and butter almost melts.
- Add milk mixture and eggs to dry mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed 30
seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Remove bowl from the mixer. Add as much of the remaining flour as possible, stirring by hand.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total), and then shape the dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1
- Punch dough down and dump on a
lightly floured surface. Divide in half, and then cover and let rest for 10
- Lightly grease two
9x1-1/2-inch round baking pans.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Brush the 3 tablespoons melted butter over the dough. Combine the 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up into a spiral, starting from a long side, and then seal the seam.
- Slice each roll into 12 equal pieces. Place in prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Information: Serving size: 1 roll | Servings per recipe: 24 | Calories: 161,
total fat: 5 g, saturated fat: 1 g, cholesterol: 19 mg, sodium: 103 mg,
carbohydrates: 31 g, fiber: 1 g, sugar: 13 g, protein: 3 g.
adapted from Taste of Home
Last updated December 13, 2021