If you love mozzarella sticks but want to try a healthier version, try these baked mozzarella sticks. They are much lower in fat than fried versions and are delicious paired with marinara sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Cut each stick of string cheese in half width-wise, so you have 16 smaller sticks.
3. In a wide bowl, mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Italian seasoning.
4. Place cheese sticks in another wide bowl. Beat egg, and pour on top of cheese sticks. Toss to coat.
5. One at a time, shake cheese sticks to remove excess egg, and evenly coat with breadcrumb mixture. Place on the baking sheet, evenly spaced, and bake for 6 minutes. Flip cheese sticks. Bake until golden brown on the outside and soft on the inside, about 6 more minutes.
Nutritional Information: Serving size one mozzarella stick | Servings per recipe: 8 | Per Serving: 82.9 kCal,3.3 g fat, 1.7 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat. | 165.4 mg sodium | 5.6 g carbohydrates, 0.2g fiber, 0.9 g. sugar | 7.8 g protein
Last updated December 13, 2021