Easy, Tahini-Free Hummus
If you are craving hummus and need a quick fix,
this easy recipe is for you! If you like roasted red pepper hummus, then add a
few scoops. If you like rosemary pine nut hummus, then add some pine nuts and
rosemary. The possibilities are endless!
- 3 (15.5 ounce) cans of chickpeas, drained and
rinsed (save the aquafaba!)
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced (or 3
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Put all the ingredients in a blender (except
the water and paprika).
- Use the puree setting on the blender to mix everything until it is smooth and creamy. If it's too thick, turn off the blender, and drizzle in a little water (up to 1/4 cup) and puree again until it's the right texture for dipping.
- Turn off the blender and wait until it has
completely stopped. Use a spatula to scrape all the hummus into a shallow
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top,
and sprinkle it with paprika.
Nutritional Information: Serving size: 2 Tablespoons | Servings per recipe: 48| Per
Serving: 37.6 kCal,1.7 g fat, 0.2 g
saturated fat, 0 g trans fat. | 4.5 g carbohydrates, 1.3 g fiber, 0.8 g. sugar
| 1.4 g protein
Last updated December 9, 2020