For something a little different, why not try cricket cookies? These cookies aren’t called cricket cookies for the cute little cut-out shape of crickets, but because they are made with cricket flour and chopped crickets. Don’t want to eat crickets? You can substitute mealworm flour and chopped mealworms! These cookies are very high in protein and are sure to be a hit with more adventurous palates.
Cricket Cookies Ingredients:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; beat until creamy.
4. Beat in eggs.
5. Gradually add cricket flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped crickets and chocolate chips.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Last updated December 9, 2020