Warren County Youth Fair
Saturday, August 12, 2017,
9:00 AM -
Great news! We will once again be offering face-to-face project judging, youth talent show, craft room, games,
There are some exciting changes or topics to discuss related to the fair:
- The theme for the 2017 Fair is “Medieval Machines” We are asking all youth participants to considerentering anything relating to medieval machines or medieval themes...writings, sculptures, photographs,drawings or artwork, etc.
- Youth exhibits and displays will be judged as usual on Friday, August 11th from 1pm—4pm.
- The Fairbook will be ready by June 8th. However, if you would like to know more about classes that link to the “Medieval Machines” theme style, here is a short list of classes to get you thinking:
- Section 1: Writing/poetry
- Section 8: Class 14: Grown in NY—heritage recipes/varieties
- Section 10/16/18: Livestock/Poultry/Small Animals—heritage varieties
- Section 15: Photography—photos of castles, knights, historical objects, etc.
- Section 19: Vegetables—heritage varieties
- Remember that entries can be from school projects, art classes, projects you did for Scouts, etc. They don’t have to be the result of 4-H work specifically. However, if there are guidelines/directions you followed, you should bring those with you for judging.
- AGAIN THIS YEAR: Entries selected to be exhibited at the NYS Fair may now be judged there! This means that you could receive a State Fair Premium for your entry! This will take some additional work on the part of the exhibitor...if you choose to send items on to the NYS Fair to be judged, you will have to complete an entry card, an entry form, AND write a short essay about how and why you created your item(s) based on the class. Example of the NYS Fair Exhibit Entry form can be found on page 13 of this issue of PY and on the 4-H blog.
- ALL Teen Superintendents and Fair Assistants MUST have completed a public presentation. Your interview for the job does not count as a public presentation. No exceptions. If you have not completed a public presentation, call our office and ask to speak with Roxanne about scheduling one.
- We will have a potluck lunch at 1:15 like we did last year and all participants and families are welcome to join us. Please call Michele and let her know how many family members are coming and what dish you may bring to share (4-H will supply hot dogs, hamburgers, and veggie burgers).
- Bring your best! We look forward to seeing all the great items you have been working on!
Thank you for helping us make this a great 4-H Family event!
Fairbooks: Will be ready for pick-up after June 8th.
Entry Forms: All entries are due to our office by 4:30pm on Wednesday, July 14th.
Warren County Fairgrounds
Schroon River Road
Warrensburg, NY 12885